2.24.2008

Eight weeks ago....


Eight weeks ago this scared little girl was lovingly placed into my arms by her foster father. A very scared, and very sad Madeline, cried.. I'm sure wondering why he would hand her off to a stranger. He tried explaining "Mama" but she didn't understand... My once very scared little girl is now a happy girl who spends her days laughing, playing with her woo-woo, listening to me read to her each night, and dancing to her favorite show. It makes my heart ache to look at this photo and see how scared and sad she was. I can't imagine the heartache she felt those first few weeks, wondering where her Mama & Papa went, and why they didn't take her with them. At eight weeks, I see a sparkle in her eye that wasn't there before. I hear a deep belly laugh. I see more smiles in one day then I can even count. She's happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog entry made me cry, but it is wonderful to see how far you've come in only 8 weeks. Madeline is absolutely beautiful. I'm so happy for you.

CJRogers

Anonymous said...

Awww how sad. So glad Madeline is getting better. Glad she is happy !!