4.29.2008

only two.



Madeline has been having a rough time lately, attachment wise. At first it was rejecting kisses, which then turned into rejecting me - completely. It really is hard to watch her push me away, and not take it personally. I understand it is not about me - it's about her, but it does not mean it doesn't hurt. I am beginning to wonder if she has an attachment disorder or is developing one. She goes into total rejection mode after people touch her, hug her, kiss her, etc. Yet, she runs to strangers. I know there are a few upcoming events in the next few months.. please understand if we can't make it. Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this attachment stuff can be really tough. She came to you so late. Give it time, it will come. You give her so much love and care. She will get back to where she was. I can't imagine not taking it personally.

Part of this is also her age. My two bio kids did similiar things at this age. Part of it is that they want to control the situation.

Keep your head up you are a great Mom. It will come.

That girl gets cuter by the day.

Anonymous said...

Keep being consistant in your love and care for her and practice the attachment ideas you have read, it will work out!!

Anonymous said...

Ashley,
I KNOW that you and Eddie are Madelines perfect and God given parents, and that you both KNOW what is best for your daughter. You are wonderful to be so in tune to her needs like this, Sorry she's having a hard time, but...'this will pass' as you are protecting her little heart and spirit right now, while things are so new in her world.
Betsy

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're going through this!

If it's any comfort to you, John (who's 2-3 weeks older than Madeline) does this frequently these days, and with him, I'm sure it's his age vs. attachment and his trying to assert his independence. He frequently calls out mama or dada, then wants nothing to do with us when we go to him. I also ask him for a hug/kiss, and he RUNS the opposite direction saying "no, no".

I know you're a good mom, and doing all you can in terms of her attachment. I'll keep your family in my prayers. Hopefully, it's her age.