

I was planning to make this sweet post about Madeline losing her baby chub in the next few months and how it was inevitable but still broke my heart. Madeline's nonstop whining for the past 30 minutes has saved you all from yet another "I love my baby" mushy gushy post.
Hitting and biting is a new thing here. I've gotten bitten twice (once by accident, the other time I'm not so sure..). Her hitting is shocking. I could tell her no hitting, and she will hit 30 seconds later. (Then proceeding to go into timeout...) She's also begun telling me "NO" when it comes time to take medicine. I was spoiled by the fact that I could just put it up to her mouth and she would gladly accept. She's definitely testing me. I'm staying consistent with her, which I think is the best thing I can possibly do.
I was watching a homecoming video on someones blog yesterday (they adopted from Colombia) and this morning I woke up thinking "we should adopt from Colombia" - I'm not sure if I dreamt that we should adopt from there, or if I thought it while I watched the video. So strange.
5 comments:
Everyday is drive Mommy insane day!! You must have missed that memo!
I hate to say this, but I am glad I am not the only one with these problems. Reese doesn't bite (yet), but the hitting is just awful. He hits me, and time out doesn't even phase him. He also hits other kids.........I am beside of myself.
Medicine?? That is the ultimate punishment here!! HMMMMMM maybe every time he hits.........
See, Crazy Mommy!!
Yep, we are experiencing the same things here! She is biting other children like CRAZY and hits me when she does not like what I tell her. Sorry you are dealing with it, but it is nice to know others are too!!
Let me know when you find something that works!!
amanda
Wow, I'm reading your post, and the comments........I thought I was doing something wrong when John hit me, but I guess it's normal toddler behaivor. Hitting always follows being told "NO".
Biting is also a new experience here within the past 2 weeks, I was so shocked the first time he did it, I didn't even know what to do.
I guess we're figuring out why it's called the "terrible two's".
Sabrina's hitting goes in spurts - she'll do it a couple of times and get consequences and then won't do it again for a month or so. She is definitely all about the NO these days. She yells No at the poor dog all day long - I guess because he is the only one she can boss around.
Welcome to hearing NO for the rest of your life LOL Ahhhhhh Good times ! LOL She is so precious! I don't know but I hope to adopt from somewhere and I am just waiting for a sign ...is that weird?
Post a Comment