
For the past two nights at bedtime Madeline has been so silly! She keeps making this funny face (eyes really wide and mouth really wide and square-ish) she knows it makes me laugh- can you blame me? :) She also needs to have just about one thousand and thirty two kisses before she falls asleep. Who am I to deny her? I try and not laugh - but it is so hard!
Madeline has had some nap time issues recently. When she wakes up she is very scared - frantic-like, and pushing me away from her. It was very scary the first time this happened. Also, earlier in the day - there was a knock at the door that sent her straight into my arms panicked and crying. I'm not sure if it was a flashback to her Guatemala days or what... then to have her wake up so scared like that. All I could do is hold her for the twenty minutes it took her to calm down and let her know that I was here and it was okay.. Today she also woke up from a nap and had a very difficult time - in fact, the rest of her day was just "off".
Nine days from now will be our "six months as a forever family". What a special day. I need to do something special for my sweet girl! Oh and our ex-agency contacted me a week or two ago for my post placement report. I not so sweetly told them that I was not willing to help them continue in adoptions - Guatemala doesn't require post placements - and not to contact me AGAIN! So there was a little more sass then that in there.. My home study agency conveniently called the following day. The thing about the post placements is this: My ex-agency was allegedly involved in child trafficking (Whether fricken Amy Hammett at the FL licensing dept believes it or not...) so that is just one of the many reasons they aren't getting a shred of information on the baby. In addition to the child trafficking, the LIES they told us (uh hello - the ENTIRE municipality dept is on strike - puhfreakinlease), the psych eval, parenting classes, and keeping me from my baby... after all of this, and they expect me to help them keep their license? Don't worry Sue - we had a good laugh over your request. By the way, we're not sending the with eyes wide open certificate for a third time. Guess Tammy G should search through her e-mail and find it?
4 comments:
You had quite the agency!!! But, six months already?? That is great.
On the scared thing,it is so her age. Nightmares (daymares I guess for her??) and scared of noises and people are allvery common. Hope it gets better quickly.
They always know how to milk it at bedtime, even at this age!!!
sorry about M's nap time terrors...I think they all go through that...just forget where they are while they are sleeping so deep and peaceful. Glad you were there for schnug, schnug!
On the agency issue... all I can say is... YOU ROCK! and IF you ever write them again... please send them my deep and abiding LOVE! hahahahahahahahahahahah!
betsy
Hi, I am happy to have found your blog, your pictures are beautiful. I am glad you have started a photography business because you have some serious talent! Did you just happen to fall in to it and have a hidden talent or have you studied to become so good?
I love photography but I don't have talent :) just fun.
Your daughter is beautiful.
Hannah
Such a cute expression !!! She is so funny !!!She is a little sweety. Hope she is doing better at naptime.
Post a Comment