10.08.2008

Sad.




A situation happened this week that has left me feeling ill.. My husbands normal day off from work was Sunday. I planned my photo shoots around that day, so that Madeline would always be with one of us. She was just getting used to me leaving for these sessions. I always knew she was okay, because she was with my husband - and they were always close by. As it turns out he no longer has Sunday off. They gave us six days notice to try and find a sitter to for Madeline since I have sessions booked every Sunday until December. Needless to say, I am absolutely heartbroken and sick over this. If I knew this was going to be the situation we were forced into, I would have not started my business until next May when she would have been home longer then she had been in Guatemala. She still has so much anxiety. We still don't allow anyone to hold her! Not that she wants to be held by anyone anyway. I am just not ready for this.. for her to be with a babysitter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley,
I am really sorry you are sad, but I am sure things will owrk out for the best. You and E. are always so good about putting Madeline first in your lives and when the time is right, you can show off your photo talents again. Madeline is a lucky girl to have a mom and dad who care enough to just 'BE' with her all the time that she needs while she's bonding!

hugs, Betsy

Anonymous said...

Do you have any family close by that could help you out? I know that is who we always have/still do really rely on. He still gets freaked out, so I have to be careful.

Also, if at all possible, try and have someone come to your house as that has always helped Reese with the anxiety and transitions.

Not sure if you wanted advice, but I too have a child who gets freaked out.

I know how tough this is for you