




I gazed over at my sweet daughter cheerfully playing with her Mama, Dada, Baby, and Baby when I notice her legs inside the dollhouse. Since she has been running away from the camera (really not good when you're trying to do project 365, or 356 as I sometimes confusily call it)... I naturally pick up my cell phone, one eye on her, one eye on the phone, frantically yet calmly trying to pull up the camera on my phone because I knew as soon as I inched over to grab the for-real camera she'd move (and she did). So once she moved, I sat behind her doll house pretending to ignore her... when she finally came back to play I started clicking and she started ignoring me (phew). Eventually we switched spots and to try and get her laughing/smiling in a photo, I would pick up one of her people and show her but she was way too quick for me to autofocus and snap.
We (shockingly) woke up this morning at 8:30 AM. Since becoming sick a few weeks ago, she began sleeping in anywhere from 9:30 - 11:00. I have finally figured out it's because she wakes up after an hour or two of sleeping to get out of bed, grab the baby monitor, and all of her books then proceeds to talk to herself/read to herself. She ponders such things as "Where did Mama ....... go?" "Love too, Mama" "Love too, Dada" and on and on and on... She stays up for at least an hour doing this.
Two weeks ago (maybe longer) I told my husband he needs to start (because you know I'm that bossy) doing bedtime three nights a week. Last week was our first week with consistent days and I can only tell you all that I behaved like a school girl - with nothing but peace and quiet! So Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I'm "off" from stories and bed. Last week I rented two movies and enjoyed my nights alone! I love Madeline so much- but I also LOVE time to myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment