.jpg)

Three years ago.. your Mommy & Daddy boarded a flight to Guatemala City. Our hearts were filled with love, excitement, and joy. We were so anxious and excited to meet you, Madeline. We checked into the Radisson Hotel and unpacked things as we nervously waited for you. Our facilitator Claris showed up first, and we waited until Tia Kory brought you to us. There was a knock at the door and my heart jumped. I opened the door to see Tia Kory holding you underneath a white knitted blanket. Her sweet face smiled as she took the blanket off of you and there you were- my precious, beautiful, 10 week old daughter. I'll never forget the moment I first laid eyes on you - and I'll never forget that happiness. You were wearing white pajamas with dark pink stripes, a sweet pink knitted hat, and underneath your jammies were white and pink socks. You were heavenly - sweet, tiny, big brown eyes... I was instantly in love with you. A mothers love for her child is indescribable.. it's a love like no other. That day, that moment that Tia Kory placed you into my arms, that was the day I met my heart.
Here we are three years later.. You are not my tiny 10-week old baby anymore, you're my super sweet, magnificent, 3-year-old who is full of sass, and love. My love for you grows daily, and when I think my heart is completely full, you prove me wrong. This morning I picked you up and placed you in my lap. I told you today was a very special day.. that Mommy & Daddy had flown to Guatemala on this day three years ago to meet you.. and as the tears welled up in my eyes, and began to roll down my cheeks as I explained how much I love you, and how special you are to me.. and as your sweet little hands brushed my tears away.. you asked me something very important... if you could have waffles this morning (and chocolate che che). You silly girl.. You must think your Mommy is so silly to cry over something that was so long ago.. and something you don't remember.. but my sweet girl, just know, that this day, every year, is a special day in my heart.. because I will never forget those moments I first laid eyes on you, or the way I felt, or the way you forced me to grow... I love you the mostest, mostest, mostest ever!

6 comments:
Aw so sweet!!!
What a beautiful post!! Made me cry too, and laugh when she asked for waffles. Got to love a three year old!! What a beautiful baby. Her beauty continues to grow
Ashley, it is nice to hear from you!
Isn't it amazing that three years has gone by. Oh the pain of the adoption and all the stress is like a distant memory.
Yes, we are adopting again. Our 7th adoption and she is a 12 yr old girl from Ethiopia. We can't wait to introduce her to everyone!
Madeline is GORGEOUS! She looks a lot like my dearest friends daughter in Alabama. She doesn't have a blog or I would send you to see. Precious!
Thanks for saying hi!
Let me know about the health thing - I'm here to help if needed!
Blessings and excited that things are going so well with her.
Jill
PS Our girls LOVE Fancy Nancy too! But they weren't reading at 3!
That is so sweet. Brought happy tears to my eyes. She is such a very special little girl. And I am proud she is my Grandaughter !!!! XXXX OOOO
The most beautiful post ever!
what a beautiful post. you are such a blessing to me. i love to read your heart in your posts. M is very blessed to be able to call you her mommy and you are blessed to have her for your daughter. it may have been a difficult journey, but i think it made for such a strong bond between you 2.
You are both gorgeous with gorgeous hearts!
luv ya,
amanda
Post a Comment