10.31.2010
Happy Halloween!
This Halloween was super hard.. and I found myself in quite the predicament. A month or so before Halloween Madeline expressed wanting to dress up as Little Mermaid. Sure, no problem. A couple of days before Halloween (this seems to be my thing - waiting last minute) we went to the Disney Store to get the costume, to which she did not want ANY costume. I figured she was tired, hungry, and ready to be done shopping.. so I got the costume anyway. As the days were leading up to Halloween, she told me she didn't want to trick or treat. I know she isn't into scary things; in fact.. she hated going to the stores because things were so scary. It was a hard season for us. So.. I took her trick or treating at the mall the day before Halloween & she didn't want to do it. In fact, she cried. I felt so badly for her. It was so difficult to know what the right thing to do is.. I mostly worried about the backlash of not taking her trick or treating.. since that is what kids do. So with the help of a friend, I decided to not make her go out trick or treating Sunday night. The fact of the matter is that Madeline doesn't like dress-up clothes.. she really only enjoys accessories. So.. my darling baby.. I am so sorry for making you go trick or treating... Mommy will listen better next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment