(Madeline on the very last day of being 4-yrs-old)
My dearest Madeline,
Happy 5th birthday, my sweet girl. I sit here and I wonder how it is even possible that we are celebrating your 5th birthday. Wasn’t it just yesterday that I saw your precious 3 day old face for the very first time? Wasn’t I just carrying you through La Aurora International somewhere around 4 or 5 in the morning to head home? Time has flown and it feels like just a moment has passed. You are no longer a baby, no more plump baby cheeks with a gummy smile, no more pudgy baby hands, no more sweet teeny tiny little baby feet. No.. no more. Instead I am looking into the big rich brown colored eyes of my beautiful little girl. My sweet little baby is turning into a little girl now. I love you, sweetheart. I love you like I loved you when I saw your picture for the first time, I love you like I loved you the first time Tia Kory placed you into my arms in Guatemala City, I love you like I loved you when we flew home, and yet.. our love has grown by leaps and bounds. I love you all the way to the moon, the castle, AND Guatemala and back again. That my darling, is how much I love you.
This past year you went to school for the first time and although you were quiet for the first two months, you eventually warmed up and even made friends. You shared your silly personality with others, and blossomed into this smart and wonderful little peanut! You learned to write your letters, you learned even more numbers, and even your name! You did so well this year.. and I am so proud of you, sweetie.
You are so funny. I must say that every year, but you make me laugh so much. You have the funniest faces I have ever seen, and you do some of the silliest things. Yet, you are shy, and extremely hesitant in new situations. You’re now beginning to hide behind me. I wish I could say “honey, it’s okay, no need to be scared..” but it is something you will come into on your own. For now, I will keep you in my arms and help you feel safe. You absolutely LOATHE getting your picture taken, even bribing with candy doesn’t work. You are SUCH an animal lover. If it were up to you, our house would be filled with dogs.. dogs.. and more dogs! You wish every single day to get a dog.. and you don’t even care what kind it is- just any dog! I promise honey, we WILL get you a dog someday. Oh, and this makes me laugh- you already have begun to slam doors. At this rate I fear what will be left for things to do at 13 when you’re angry?? You are funny, silly, sweet, temperamental, and such a love in my life.
This year your favorite movies have been Tangled, Alvin & the chipmunks (& the squeakel), & the little mermaid. You favorite shows have been The Penguins of Madagascar, Phineas & Ferb, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and The Imagination Movers. Your favorite color is PURPLE! Your friends names are Makenna and Rebecca. Your favorite things to do: color/draw, play with the doll house, play with the water table, throw snowballs in the winter, and of course.. play with Kowalski & Skipper. You once told me you were going to wear a white wedding dress with Kowalski.. Oh and you love to dress up! You wear an aqua sparkle tulle skirt with lots and lots of necklaces. You like dressing Rapunzel up as well, although all of the other barbies are usually found naked because you are putting their clothes on your precious Rapunzel doll! You still love reading books .. but lately it has gone from snuggling in the rocker to sitting on your bed and reading. Your favorite thing to eat would be… CHOCOLATE. You refuse vegetables, though you still do love your strawberries. You’re a super picky eater..
Happy 5th birthday Madeline Eliana. I thank God every day for bringing you into my life and allowing me to be your mother. I am the luckiest mother in ALL of the world to be your mother.
Forever,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment