First our day began by going to the "FALL FESTIBAL" as sweet M calls it! We had SO much fun together! Madeline got her hand painted with a heart & a rainbow with sparkles.. it was the first time she ever took interest in this.. in fact, she has warned me every day that she did not want to do it.. until yesterday after school. For some reason, she changed her mind. :) She also made a pretty halloween frame, played with the yummiest smelling pumpkin pie play-doh, decorated a sugar cookie with frosting and PURPLE sprinkles, had lunch there, and decorated the sweetest pumpkin with flowers! For a girl who is typically shy, unsure, and overall a "pill" in these types of situations, she was a happy girl! I am so proud of her! She rocked! :)
Next we went shoe shopping. What WAS I thinking?? She had a TWO cookies, and a cupcake at the festival and I took miss-hopped-up-on-sugar-shoe-shopping! She begged and pleaded with me to buy the highest heels, ever! No thank you, darling baby!
Afterwards.. we went to Target. Madeline picked out a birthday card, bag, bow, and gift. For the last month she has consistently told me that she wanted to buy Mommy mascara as a birthday gift. So funny, does my girl know me or what? I am not even sure why she was so insistent on mascara.. too funny! We picked out a double chocolate cake, and headed home... (Really, we didn't need ANY cake... we really didn't!)
We had Olive Garden to-go.. I'm not even sure why she gets her own meal.. when she always ends up eating my chicken parm and spaghetti?? :) Then...... tada... cake!
I hate to be such a mush... but I'm in such awe over Madeline and how sweet she is. Her heart is so big and wonderful.. Her smile lights my heart up. In her own 5-year-old way, she wanted to make sure that I had a special birthday.. and in the end, I had the MOST special birthday.. I am so thankful to God for sending this lovely girl into my life as my daughter and allowing me to spend every single day of my life giving her my love, and receiving hers in return.
At the end of the day, regardless of the mistakes I have made... I am raising an extra special sweet girl who has the kindest heart and shares the deepest purest love with her Mama. Thank you, God.
Below is a photo of a pair of shoes she wanted me to get. :) I could totally rock them for all of 2 seconds before busting my face into the floor *wink*









No comments:
Post a Comment