1.01.2008

Feliz Ano!!!!


I have been trying to post more but it seems my daughter has "mommy-is-on-the-computer-radar". So it has been limited. My husband has been a champ and has been approving comments.
Yesterday's breakfast at the Westin was HEAVENLY! Oh we love the beds and can't wait to go back. As I was eating my breakfast I realized it was our FIRST holiday together and got very weepy! Last night we ALL woke up to the loud sounds of the fireworks going off. It sounded like we were under attack in a war. We all laid in bed and watched the fireworks thru the window. How sweet! Once it was over we snuggled back to sleep...
Today for lunch we had Domino's. Why is the pizza down here better then the pizza back home?? My nuggets yesterday were better as well. We just got home from a long walk down to the center square and walked around a little bit. Our stroller (Maclaren Triumph) is quite the trooper with crossing the cobblestone roads. So far we have been lucky enough to stay on the sidewalk most of the time. We bought some ice cream and are getting ready to watch some TV. The princesa is asleep, we're both wondering how she could sleep through all the bumps... :)
I haven't gone to buy minutes for the cell phone that is why we have not called anyone. To be honest, it really hasn't crossed my mind to go and track them down. Hopefully we will soon!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley and Eddie, you must be on cloud nine about now! We love her!
betsy and family

Anonymous said...

soooo adorable, I'm glad you got to enjoy you first holiday together as a family : ) All kid's seem to have that Mommy is doing something radar.....LOL, Madeline is like Alexus, she slept thru anything and still does....lol

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you!!!

God bless your family!
Debbie Wankel

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year !!

Anonymous said...

hola.. que bueno que estan bien, extrañamos mucho a madeline esperamos que ustedes la adoren igual que nosotros, feliz año nuevo.
her foster bro..

Anonymous said...

Ashley and Ed ,congratulations!!!!!!! She is so BEAUTIFUL!!! Tell the pool guys at the Westin hello for me.

Scott Webster

Anonymous said...

She is a doll!! I am praying for her to continue to bond with both of you...I know she will!! I hope this year is unbelievable for y'all. Okay, I laughed about the Domino's Pizza because Chris and I thought it was the most amazing pizza ever. Strange huh?! We can't wait to go back to Guatemala for Eliana and pizza.

Blessings,
Lindsey Wheeler

Anonymous said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! What a great start to 2008!!!!! Many blessings to you in this new year! Can't wait to see more pics! (You know like 400 more:)Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Ashley,
Happy New year!! They love to shoot off those fireworks in Antigua!! Congrats on finding a stroller that will stay on those rickety sidewalks!! Thanks for keeping us updated.
Jolene

Anonymous said...

How beautiful...give her time and she will warm up to her mommy and daddy. Keep giving her lots of hugs and kisses (I'm sure you're having NO TROUBLE with that one!) and you'll see a huge difference in her reception of you.

So happy for your family!
Sabrina

Anonymous said...

AWWWW !!! she is just so sweet !!! Sounds like you and Eddie and Madeline are having a really nice time. Congratulations again !!! Have a Happy New Year !!!Love To All !!