.jpg)
Madeline is doing so-so today. She has bouts of happiness and energy, then bouts of being a monster on two legs. I say that out of complete LOVE and adoration for her. Last night she puked on E and I. Poor honey.
Onto the AP article that I'm sure everyone has read today. I'm not exactly sure I agree with the government on returning children that are in the U.S. I am trying to look at it from every stand point. How long did the process take? In the normal timeframe of 6-12 months, didn't the birthfamily go to the authorities, and if they turned her away, did she look for other avenues? Then at the same time, do these families know there are other avenues? I can understand her wanting her child back if he/she was kidnapped, BUT.. if the child is already home, bonded to the family, is it in the best interest of the child to be returned? I don't believe so. Don't these children suffer from enough loss? They lose their birthfamily, then lose their foster families/care takers, then to lose the adoptive families as well? How much loss can a child handle? Will the 'malan Government show support to the children returned to birthfamilies in terms of counseling if the child is old enough? Or counseling for families on how to re-establish bond/attachment. Most likely not. Although if a child is in foster care in 'mala and the birthmom comes back - she should have every right to take the child if she chooses to do so.
Also my other gripe is about paying birthmoms. I personally, don't see the problem with it. In the U.S we are allowed to pay for birthmother expenses, why is the same not allowed for 'malan birthmothers? In the U.S, a woman is allowed 8 weeks leave after giving birth to recover. Shouldn't 'malan birthmoms be given that as well? I'm not saying bribe birthmothers to place their children for adoption, I'm saying give them money so that they can recover from childbirth and not have to worry about working the day after so that she can feed her other children.
I wish there was a wand to zap 'mala into a thriving country, with no hunger, and no need to place children for adoption. So much work needs to be done... What can we do to help?
3 comments:
Amen, sista. Amen.
Yes, I did read that article. And I do agree with you.
I also read that same article and I totally agree with you Ashley!
Post a Comment