4.22.2008

Madeline's 1st corn on the cob

4-22-08 022 - copy

4-22-08 014 - copy

4-22-08 012 - copy

4-22-08 011 - copy

4-22-08 004 - copy

4-22-08 019 - copy
Yes, we're back on. I just want to say that I did really well without the computer and TV. It was more then just turning off the TV and computer for me. I can see a difference when I'm not sitting the baby in front of the TV so I can check my e-mail a few times a day. I admit my life stopped went our adoption went south, and it has remained that way even after bringing Madeline home. I couldn't break myself from checking. It was definitely less, but still in my mind it was too much. What was I checking for anyway? Now I don't want anyone reading this to think she was in anyway neglected because she WASN'T. E and I decided that we are not going to turn on the TV when she is awake - nor will we get on the computer until after she is in bed for the night.


As for today, Miss M had a big day! We had to take E to the dentist (again), then visited Grandma Linda, Grouchy Grandad, and Uncle Mike. Grandma Linda was very sweet with Miss M and Madeline even gave her a kiss when we left. We came in and had lunch, cleaned our living room, went outside to trim our bush, wack-a-weed, and.... I, Ashley, mowed the lawn. I have never mowed a lawn in my life, but I was determined to do it. Afterwards we went to the market, came home, finished cleaning the living room, grilled, and Miss M had her first ever corn on the cob. She didn't know how to eat it, it was cute to watch her watch me eat mine. I know it's just a corn on the cob, but these moments, her firsts- are everything to me. Maybe because she was adopted, maybe because our process took so long, maybe because we missed so many things.. maybe all of it. I don't know. I treasure each and every "first" she has. I try so hard to make sure I am documenting it all. I look at her everyday, and my heart just feels like it could explode. I look at her and want to cry - because this child is such a miracle to me, she is my heart.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to see Madeline !! She is so sweet. We Love her so much !!! She is just so adorable. Love when she talks. She sounds so cute. Hope she liked her corn on the cob. I Love it !!

Anonymous said...

So precious ... love the pics !!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel, I feel the same way, Heidy is my heart (along with my other children too!) and a miracle!!! I can't wait until we have the next child home :-)

I love the corn on the cob pictures!!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I know what you are saying about the need to check e-mail. I think that we don't know what to do with ourselves in the midst of the adoption process, and it becomes our life line. It is tough to break. Reese hates it when I am on the computer. You are right, I do try to distract him with the TV I need to work on that.

I know what you are saying about the little moments meaning so much. I think that the wait makes us not take so much forgranted.

She is one loved little girl that is for sure.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back. I know what you mean about getting into constantly checking e-mails and such. During the process it is our life line, and then it becomes a habit. Reese hates it when I am on the computer. I also try to use tv to distract him. Thank you for reminding me that is not a great idea.

I know how you feel about all the little moments. I think we cherish them more as adoptive parents because we feel that we missed so many other things.

She is one loved little girl, that is for sure.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back:) I do remember those days when I would obsessively check my emails for updates (now I just check to see what's on sale thise week:). I think that as adoptive parents we take in every little moment in our child's life. I think we have learned to not take things for granted. I think it's because we had to fight so hard for our kids. Beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

Ash, no WAY- you mowed the lawn??? I"m cracking up here visualizing that!

M's first corn on the cob- how sweet! You know I know how meaningful and special ALL firsts are!

Hugs, Shana :) (home finally)!

Anonymous said...

Soundslike everyone had long and fun day : ) Sorry I missed everyone when you came down to visit us, 3rd shift drains me out but I hope to see you soon Madeline : ) Glad to hear Madeline enjoyed her first corn on the cob, I love the pictures.....hugs and kisses