4.13.2008

a sunday update.




These were taken yesterday afternoon. I love the chalk all over her pants. She cracks me up.
Madeline has been saying more words this week. "Good girl" "Bad boy" (for the dog - the poor dog! I tried to teach her good boy, she wants none of that).. She's also replying with "HUH?" a lot. She is so funny and cute when she says it. I really think she said "I love you" the other day. She also said "leche" - another spanish word she has not said in a long time! She babbles and then starts laughing mid-babble then continues on. You can't help but laugh right along with her. Whatever shes saying must be funny! She is understanding so much! If you say "Madeline give this to Mama/Dada" she will run right over to one of us. If you ask her where her monster is she runs to find the hideous thing and goes "raaaaaaaaaaaaaaar". I'm so proud of her. She is one smart cookie!

I've also been debating on whether or not to give her toddler formula. She would only be on it for 4 months. She's doing well with her lactaid whole milk which makes me not want to switch, but I wonder if she could use the extra nutrients. According to her chart from the 'mala and now, she gained a pound - which she promptly lost when she got sick. Her last check-up in the 'mala was in November. So in 5 months she gained a pound and lost it. I'm feeding her well so I don't understand why she hasn't put on more weight.

We're also starting to look into birthday party options. Right now we are considering a play-gym area, or chocolate world. I'm leaning towards Chocolate World. I can't believe I will have a 2-year-old soon, it doesn't seem possible. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for chocolate world! I love the chalk butt pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute with the chalk on her butt !! I'll bet she had fun using the chalk !!! She is so cute !!

Anonymous said...

Ashley,
At this age their weight gain sometimes just stops. They are so active...... AP has weighed 24 pounds for over 3 months. She may have gained a few ounces, but that's it. It she's eating well and drinking her milk I wouldn't worry too much........ Your pictures are all beautiful as usual. You need to come give me some lessons!

Anonymous said...

I love chalk pictures, we gave out sidewalk chalk in the goodie bags from Heidy's party yesterday!! Will post pictures today!

Madeline is adorable, and I love the red outfit too!!

Debbie