
“Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” ~ Elizabeth Stone
My darling Madeline,
Six months ago, I got off of a plane in Guatemala City
Six months ago, I anxiously hopped out of the shower when the phone rang informing us you were downstairs
Six months ago, I saw nothing but sadness and fear in your eyes
Six months ago, I was a stranger
Today, I'm the first person you come running to when you're sad, need a snuggle, or feel scared.
Today, your eyes are filled with hope and wonder
Today, you talk and giggle all day long
Today, I'm your Mommy and you know it with all of your heart.
The past six months have been a whirlwind. Not always easy, many days filled with difficulties, but the absolute happiest six months of my life. You fill my days with sweet smiles, never-ending giggles, sweet kissy faces, and a whole lot of laughs! I'm so proud of you and what you have accomplished since coming home. You've learned to walk, run, feed yourself with a spoon and fork, talk in both english and spanish, sing, color, blow bubbles, and ride a "bike". You're patient, well-behaved, mannerly, sweet, loving, and caring. You continually find new ways to astound me - and keep me on my toes! You've almost given up on Hi-5 and are starting to like new shows (to you- anyway) like JoJo's Circus, Backyardigans, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. You love when I sing "Skinamerinky dinky dink" which has replaced "where is thumpkin". You're still co-sleeping, and falling asleep in my arms for every nap and bedtime. I wouldn't have it any other way! Our bond is growing stronger day by day - and when I think I could not love you anymore then I do right at this moment, the next day I love you 10 times more!
I love you the mostest, mostest, mostest!
Mama
6 comments:
What a beautiful post! It brought tears to my eyes. I can't believe it's already been 6 months.
Seems like yesterday....
~Deena
Happy 6 months together!!
You made me cry. What a wonderful tale of the last 6 months, and the progress that has been made.
Ashley, I can't believe it's been 6 months!! Congratulations!! I will have to catch up on posts I have been gone and a lot of things have happened! Not much good -- any of it!!
I will post about it.
Debbie
Six months sure went quick. She is growing into a very beautiful little girl !! Love her lots !!! Give her our Love and Kisses !! Love To All !!!
OMG! I can't believe it's been six months already, where does the time go? They grow so quickly, enjoy every moment <3 You brought tears to my eye's, that was a lovely post. Give M our Love
What a sweet post! Madeline looks like such a happy girl.
Post a Comment