Please pray for my dear friend Betsy & her daughter Jill. I just received a call from her eldest daughter, Lee telling me that Jill was in a car accident and was just airlifted from the local hospital to Vanderbilt. There is damage to Jill's spleen and liver, no word on how severe it may be. Betsy prays for each and everyone of the AP's in our community so I can only hope that you will all pray for her and her daughter. Lee is going to keep me updated on Jill's condition throughout today. I will post updates as I get them.
UPDATE: Jill's spleen is okay, but her liver is badly lacerated. The doctors don't think they will need to operate, but are awaiting for the head doctor to make the decision. I still haven't talked to Betsy (waiting on her to call me) but am in touch with Lee.
UPDATE #2: I just got off the phone with Betsy. Jill's liver is practically in half - she says it is just like a wedge. It's internally bleeding, and they are hoping not to have to do surgery.. The surgery would cause more trauma to her liver. It broke my heart (and made me cry) to hear her voice and listen to the words that are much too scary to repeat. Please, please, keep praying for Jill. She is only 16 - she has her entire life ahead of her.
7.13.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I am praying! Please post updates.
Praying, praying, praying
So sorry to hear the news. But, glad that that her spleen is ok, and they don't think that they will have to operate.
They are in my thoughts and prayers.
Will I still be able to visit the blog once you put it to private?? I hope so!!
Still praying...I can't imagine what she is going through!!
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. Saying prayers for Jill's full and swift recovery!
Praying for Jill.
We are all praying that Jill will be well soon. Hoping for her speedy recovery. Her and her family are in our prayers.
Post a Comment