7.26.2008

This time last year...


One year and two days ago I flew into Guatemala thinking I would never have to leave behind my sweet baby ever again. Unfortunately, that trip ended early - and it was one of the most devastating events of my life. I was paying $1000.00 a month more then the other girl living in the house - which leads me to believe my agency was getting a chunk of that money - why else wouldn't I have been able to move? We were also not resubmitted to PGN (almost 6 months kicked out at this point) and I was very uncomfortable living with my agencies facilitator .. she wasn't even my facilitator!

I think of my time in Guatemala with her at that point a lot. I wish I hadn't left, and sometimes I wonder what kind of mother would leave her child behind? I loved my time with M, but honestly, it is so painful to think about.

I know many of you (even our families) don't understand why I still get upset over this. It was such a traumatic time in our lives that I feel it will take me a long time to heal. Even having her home.. I spent the first few months still fearing that my agency would find a way to take her away. That is how damaging Celebrate Children International is to families.

However, this year... we're together, happy, and all have sore throats (plus M's cough). Thankfully, I will never have to give her back to her foster family.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a WONDERFUL mother!

Anonymous said...

Of course you get upset and proably always will. What an awful thing to have to do.

You are a wonderful mother,and she is so lucky to have you. She was so cute then.

Together forever......words that just make our hearts burst.

Hope you all feel better

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable picture !!! You both are a wonderful Mom and Dad. She is with you both now. Sorry you both had to go through that. It would be really hard. Love to all !!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, as I have said before, that you had to go through all of that!! But thank God she is home now with you and will be forever!!! She is gorgeous!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

So sorry you went through that. She stole so much time away from you with your daughter.
have you written Chew (http://chew.typepad.com/jenute/) about your story? CC is on her lists of horrible agencies.

Anonymous said...

So happy your beautiful girl is home and in your arms for forever. I am so sorry that you had to endure such pain to get her home. I have heard this story repeated way too many times about our agency...

Love your photography!