



Painting with Madeline usually ends in tears.. finally, no tears were shed! She got paint all over, spilled the water on herself, but she had a good time :) Mommy didn't even have a panic attack - what a bonus!
Two M stories...
We are under attack of the stink bugs. Each day they are on the window trying desperately to get inside the house.. It's rather disgusting. On occasion one gets in.. and I usually freak out because I absolutely hate BUGS! M is usually going "MOM MOM MOM MOM" and pointing to the one that gets in. (BTW- her eyes are amazing.. she sees things way before anyone else!). So today I climb on the couch, then onto the couch arm to get one. Later on, I catch Madeline standing on the couch with her pink oven mitt with her arm in the air pretending to get the bugs!
Next... She had a thin long strip of toilet paper. I'm used to her playing with TP, and cleaning her nose, and cleaning her toys with it, so I don't think much of it... I noticed something very BRIGHT in her nose and my heart starts to panic... I take a closer look and realize that she has TP shoved up her nose. Ok, don't panic, don't panic - she can always pick up on my emotions... So I try and pull it out with my fingers with no luck... I grab my tweezers and was able to get it. So I start pulling.... and pulling... and pulling... literally 12 inches of this TP strip came out. My heart is panicing, but i'm calmly pulling it all out.. cleaning her nose is very sensitive around here.. and then there was even more shoved up there! Finally.... I get it all out. Phew!! No more TP for her!
2 comments:
She just wanted to be sure her nose wasn't running....
It is hard not to show our emotions to our children. As scared as we are, it is worse it they know we are scared.
You definitely deserve the Mommy star for staying calm both times. You should ask my family about when the cat brings in dead mice, squirrels, and birds. I seriously lock myself into a room and it is every man for himself. I know, bad Mommy but I simply CANNOT deal!!
I hate those stink bugs too !! Glad Madeline is ok. I would be upset too.
Post a Comment