I completely forgot to jot down notes about 12/10 so I'm going to have to try and remember by looking at the pictures...
The plan for this day was MK, break, Narcoossees, and Downtown Disney.
We hopped on the dreaded bus off to the MK. We decided to grab breakfast from the Main Street Bakery.... Egg, Cheese, and ham on a flaky croissant. Can I just tell you how heavenly this breakfast was? It could have also been that we got a seat right out front of the bakery (there are only two tables....) and it was just the perfect start to our day. That flaky croissant was so delicious - Yum! Afterwards, we decided we trekked over to Toontown to go see Mickey & Minnie's house... and also try to meet a few more characters. Saw Minnie's, and went into the Tent (?) where the Princesses and Fairies were... The fairy line was I think 30 or 40 minutes long... which the Princess would have never lasted through... the Princess line however was pretty short. I think we only waited 10 or so minutes.. Madeline was extremely apprehensive about Cinderella. I held her the entire time, photographed with dear Cindy, and moved onto Belle... at this point M began warming up. She waved to Belle and the last stop was Princess Aurora. Don't you know my shy girl sat next to Aurora without me. Didn't cry. Just went with it. I was so surprised & proud of her.
After this, we went to see Mickey's house. His is not like Minnie's in the sense that everything is roped off and Minnie's is more interactive. At the end, we went to get in line to meet the famous mouse but HO-LY cow there were rows and rows of lines. Sorry Mickey baby, maybe next time!
Upon leaving Toontown, we took a sit on a bench so we could get a popcorn. Well, not long into our sitting was this poor lady barfing all.over.the.f'n.place. I felt horrible for her. A passer-byer stopped and asked if she was OK, she told him no, and she needed help. So... he runs to find someone to help the poor lady... meanwhile, there is a long line forming to see Donald Duck right there.. and this lady continues barfing over and over. So five CM's, 4 security guards, a stretcher, a wheel chair, and a long line of families waiting on D.D later.... she was wheeled away..... I really hope she is OK.
We also stopped to get lunch, and get an ice cream from the ice cream parlor. If you're ever on the dining plan, don't wait last minute to use up your snack credits ;)
At this point we decided to get M her 1st trip button - which btw, not-so-great on your last day in the park lol! But she got one and we hopped on the monorail to go look at the resort decorations. Of course, we were on the wrong one... hopped onto the other, and stopped at the Poly. Nothing special. Years ago I saw a special on them and their decorations, unfortunately, i think they must have stopped with their island gingerbread. So I began feeling sick, and we headed back to our resort. insert eyeroll for the bus.
After about two hours of lounging around we get ready and head back to the bus (another eyeroll here) to the MK, to hop on the monorail, to get off at the Grand Floridian. Then trekked over to the beautiful Narcoossee's. What a wonderful meal. E had the surf and turf, I had the filet mignon, and M chowed down on Mickey Mouse shaped macaroni & cheese. I planned a super special dessert for M. The coveted white chocolate slipper dessert. As soon as our waitress sat it on the table, M ooh'd, ahh'd, and was so excited over it. She ate the entire thing! :) Of course, our waitress wanted to know what "gotcha day" meant. E had a chocolate dessert which made him sick- and I tried the apple tart, which was far too tart for me.
Off to Downtown Disney which was the ugliest part of our trip - okay, I take that back because I did not even get into the flipping crazy experience at the airport... But, we were all moody, it was soooo crowded, you could not even walk! I got stuck in a store with a lady who would not move her ass because she was too busy chatting with her family. I had to LOUDLY yell over to her EXCUSE ME, and as I walked by her husband laughed at me and said you're excused dear. Ugh- we spent a whole 15 minutes at DTD before getting on the bus (insert eyeroll) back to the resort. Of course, there was mucho aggitation between the husband and I. Ugh! Men can be so difficult.
12.15.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













4 comments:
Wow, Ashley! What gorgeous photos! It looks like you had a GREAT time! And that Gotcha Day dessert- YUM! What a great idea! So Happy Anniversary!!!
So glad you documented the Disney trip so well!
Love, Shana :)
Really great pictures !!! Love the one of Madeline with Aurora. That Gotcha dessert looks so good !!!
What great pictures!!! Looks like you are having a great time!
Debbie
Great pictures! The dessert is so awesome, what a great memory!
Lesley
Post a Comment