12.13.2008

Disney 12/8

We spent our morning at Hollywood Studios (MGM in my heart). We walked straight to the new Toy Story ride, however the wait was already up to 40 minutes so we decided to go down and see the Playhouse Disney show. It was very cute and Madeline was in awe over it. After the show Madeline noticed a "boon" and we spent sometime trying to find the "boon" man but he was not to be found. We headed back to meet Jojo & Goliath. I admit, I was pretty nervous to see how she would deal with meeting the characters. I have shown her pictures of other children meeting them so I'm not sure if that helped ease her fears or not. Oh- we were waiting with another family until the characters came out.. well the CM decided to move the line and we had some line jumpers. The lady we were standing with came over to me and told me that I should explain to the family that hopped in front of me that they should move- but we were only going to be third in line and it wasn't that big of a deal to me. This lady felt otherwise and gave me an earful on it all. Finally, JoJo & Goliath came out and Madeline kept calling for her. Finally it was our turn and............................ She didn't cry at all! She was slow to warm up but she did. I had tears streaming down my face - another proud Mama moment for sure. Afterwards, we took her over to Goofy's spot so she could meet him. Those lines filled up QUICK! Standing next to Goofy was Pluto who has a rather large face... she didn't like him much. She was hesitant with the Goof, but pointed him out anytime we saw him out and about. She did so well! E went on the Tower of Terror and another guest had an extra F.P ticket and gave it to him. That was so kind! We ended up leaving early to have enough time to rest and get to dinner later on....

After resting we hopped back on the flipping bus to the MK, then to the boat dock to hop a ride over to the Fort Wilderness for dinner at the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. I have been to Disney World 7 times and have eaten at the HDDR a handful of times. Each time it was great... this time not so much! We had seating upstairs at a long thin table, the back of our chairs were up to the railing that overlooked everything. The chairs spun around and her booster had nothing holding it to the chair. It may just be me but I felt this was NOT the best area to seat a 2-year-old! When our waiter came around I let him know I was unhappy and felt this area was a danger to my daughter. Well after that this guy was rude to me. His manager came over and I explained the situation. He was able to find a booster that would strap to the chair and I felt a tad better but there was no safety belt around her waist. It was just a no-win situation. Anyway, dinner was OK. Dessert, the strawberry shortcake that I have been craving was so awful! What a disappointment. Once we were done we left the show early to catch the boat back to the Magic Kingdom.

It was extra magic hours at the MK on this day. We completely missed the Spectromagic parade.. which dampened our day a slight bit since our dinner was not that good. We caught Wishes fireworks and headed over to the Buzz Lightyear ride. Madeline did not know what to make of this but I think she had an OK time. E went over to hop on the 20 minute line rollercoaster while I sat with Madeline. Poor M was a trooper pertaining to the potty on our trip. She kept telling us T-T and most times we were not by a bathroom, or if we were, the second we got her pull-ups down she was going ALL over. So she went in her pull-up, and I decided since it was dark and not many people were around I would slide a new pull-up, up, and take off the dirty one. Well... that was interesting to say the least. We walked into some of the shops and E caught the "boon" lady. Madeline lit up when she saw all of the boons, and lit up when E brought her over a pink boon.

We didn't do much after this and just headed back to the hotel to get ready for the morning...

Disney_148

Disney_151

Disney_167

Disney_305

Disney_312

Disney_361-2

Disney_374

Disney_385-2

Disney_395-2

Disney_394-2

Disney_423

Disney_464

Disney_501

Disney_538

Disney_544

Disney_547

Disney_561

Disney_564

Disney_600


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO enjoying your pictures. They're amazing (as usual).
So glad you had a great time. Madeline is just a beauty!

Merry Christmas,
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Ashley,
The pictures are awesome! You captured some awesome moments. I love her in the stroller reading the brochure. Looks like you had a great time.
Betsy and I had to settle with bringing EB and Layla to the disney store but maybe next year we will encounter the real thing.
Jolene

Anonymous said...

I just love the pics!!! They are so good !!! I especially love the ones of E and You with Madeline. The one of the fireworks is really neat also.