
Madeline has recently started calling me "Mommy" instead of Mama. Only once in awhile. But she says it in the absolute cutest voice - I swear she could get away with almost anything when she calls me Mommy!
As you can so obviously tell, she's getting into playing dress up... which is a hoot! The morning I took this photo (I think 3-2-09) she was sitting down with her leotard next to her while putting on her ballet slippers. I wondered if she was going to try and slip the leotard on over her pajamas (nice Christmas PJ's, huh?) and sure enough.... that is what she intended! She wore it like that for a good 30 minutes. Her other favorite thing to wear is her tinkerbell skirt and tinkerbell heels.....
Speaking of Tinkerbell, Madeline is in total love with that movie. In the last 10 days it has been all about Tinkerbell except for one day when she wanted to watch Toy Story 2. She gets so happy to see the front screen with the flowers and dances 'round and 'round at the end with all of the music. Such a princess :)
This morning she had ballet and did OK. By OK, I mean there were less tears this time. There are certain aspects of it that she loves and others that she does not. Afterwards we drove over to storytime at the mall. We hadn't gone in a bit so Madeline was a bit stand offish but eventually went to see with the other children. She wanted to be BFF with one girl in particular but her mother kept moving her daughter away from Madeline ... which made me sad, but it did not phase Madeline as she got up and followed each and everytime. I did eventually have to tell her to sit down and stop. I don't understand some parents.
A BIG topic around here is PRESCHOOL. I'm partially excited for the two mornings a week that I'll get a break, and partially terrified that I'm trusting someone else with MY baby girl. We have two preschools that we're interested in.... One has a weekly spanish and music class and does not teach religion. While the other is a catholic preschool which obviously does teach religion - which is important to me. We'll be setting up tours to go and see and hopefully one of them will be a good fit for us. I've already asked the catholic preschool if they would mind me staying for a few classes with Madeline to help her get more comfortable with the surrounding and then gradually leaving. They have done that in the past which is a relief to me :) I can't even put her down in ballet class, let alone leaving her with strangers! It seems like just yesterday I was bringing her home. It does not seem like it is time to send her off into the big bad cold world.
1 comment:
She is getting to be a big girl. She looks so adorable
Post a Comment