2.10.2011

A Magical Mommy & Emmy Trip to Disney World! [backdating]
















 

Everyone knows it takes months of planning to plan a trip to the happiest place on earth! So, months in advance I began planning for a trip with my sweet girl! We were so excited.. weeks before we were to leave I would ask Madeline "Where are we going in... weeks?" she would jump up and down and yell "DISNEY WORLD!" ...... She was so excited to go!

However, as usual.. the day or two before we were leaving I got so nervous. WHO really takes their child to Disney, ALONE? How would I ever manage Madeline, a backpack, and a stroller getting on and off of the bus? How would I ever manage the fast food restaurants carrying a tray, searching for some place to sit, AND keeping track of Madeline? What if we were walking and someone snatched her? (Okay, all of my Mommy vacation fears were setting in..) How in the world was I going to do this... ALONE?

I simply told myself what I always tell myself.. I can do this. A very big change has come over our lives which will force me to do things with her on my own, no second pair of hands helping.. and I don't want that to EVER be a reason that my Princess missed out on things..

So... On the day we leave - it is pouring down rain. My beautiful hair- a wreck, my expensive mascara- running down my face.. my sweats- soaked from the deep puddles... Needless to say, I am shocked children did not go running and screaming like little bats out of hell when they saw me! I was downright SCARY!

After all of this.. we make it to our hotel.. and head over to the Pepper Market for dinner. I think the "gentlemen" cooking my order must have thought I was so scary, he never began my meal - thanks buddy! Madeline saw/heard a toy that day and began freaking out and hiding under the table. Definitely NOT a great way to start our magical Mommy & Daughter trip to disney, huh? I eventually got dinner.. M eventually hid in her stroller, and soon.. it was time to head to bed.. But- no luggage which meant no bath which also meant no pajamas..

It was definitely quite a day!

The following day we went to Chef Mickey's. I had been SO nervous about this.... It's no secret that SOMEONE'S sister (ahem Danielle Bailey) plans birthday parties involving an overly large scary rat (I'm talking to you, CHUCK E CHEESE) which scares the ever loving crapola out of my baby girl. So with her freaking the first night over a toy.. I really had  to prep Madeline to meet the characters. We had a talk about not hiding under the table & getting into Mommy's lap instead and that she didn't have to talk to them if she didn't want to... but she could not run and scream. I prayed HARD that morning!

Much to my surprise.. she did well! It doesn't look like it.. but she was super shy! Whenever they weren't at the table she was ooh'ing and ahh'ing over them and simply happy! (She still talks about going to see them again, this year..) We also met the Princesses.. which she was really happy about! She did sooo well and I'm so happy about that!

We did some rides and had a great time in the MK! It was frigidly cold there... with some strong winds! This would later cancel the wonderful photo session I had planned with Amy Smith.. but it's okay.. there will be other opportunities for that!

M loved "disney world" .. I'd also later find out that "disney world" is REALLY just the Magic Kingdom.. not any of the other parks! ;)

No comments: