5.19.2008

Karen

5-19-08 006-2

5-19-08 011-2

5-19-08 015-2

5-19-08 019-2

5-19-08 022-2

5-19-08 026-2


Along the journey to adopt Madeline, I met a woman named Karen adopting a sweet baby girl just a few days older then Madeline. Her case is one of the more gruesome cases that I know of.. unfortunately, she is still waiting to bring sweet Noel home. She has had to deal with switched baby, lack of updates, numerous DNA tests, months waiting for DNA authorization (for the second time), and has been crapped on since her case first went into PGN in September (if I remember correctly). She quickly received a previo - unknown to her - she was lied to and told she had been kicked out two months after her first submission, but you know how things work down there: lies, lies, and more lies! She has been waiting since September for resubmission.... she finally gets resubmitted a few weeks ago before Guatemala geniously decided to halt all cases and was almost out of pgn. Today she is feeling very down and losing her will and strength to keep on fighting for this little princess. It is so hard to keep on fighting, even though Noel's only chance at a decent life is with this family.... it still doesn't take away the ache and pain of missing every milestone in your child's life. Please keep my friend Karen, her husband Lane, and their beautiful daughter Noel in your thoughts! It is gut wrenching what they are enduring...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes us hold our little ones tighter doesn't it?

Praying for them.

Anonymous said...

Ashley, I read Karen's post earlier. It just breaks my heart what she has had to go through. I am keeping her & her family in my thoughts & prayers.

~Deena

Anonymous said...

Praying, praying, praying!

Anonymous said...

Such adorable pictures of Madeline !! She is so cute !! Looks like she is having fun playing with the chalk. Give her our Love !!! Love To All !! We are keeping Karen and her family in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for sure!!!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Praying for Karen, Lane and precious Noel right this second!!! I can't imagine.

Anonymous said...

I am praying she can keep the fight going for this darling...although I know how hard it is, when you deal with lies and total neglect of your case. Karen, please try to hang on a little bit longer... I just KNOW things have got to start moving in GT very soon!
Betsy