Dear Madeline,
Today December 30, 2008 we are celebrating the fact that one year ago you were lovingly placed into our arms by your sweet foster family. That day was so bittersweet for me. It was easily the happiest day of my life (along with my wedding day) and yet it was the saddest day of your life to date. I will never forget you waking in the night with despair on your face looking and crying out for your "papa". I so badly wanted to take your pain away and put it onto myself but I couldn't. All I could do was love you unconditionally through your heartache. In one year you have accomplished so much and I want you to know Daddy & I are so proud of you, and love you more and more with each passing day. I am eternally thankful to have you as my child - God could not have given us a more perfect child.
We love you always, Sunshine
Mommy & Daddy
My poor girl has been sick all day- Fever, cough, runny nose... I just wanted to add a few photos of her.
Last year:
Today:
12.30.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Congratulations on a wonderful milestone. I am sorry she is sick. Hope she is feeling better soon.
Oh, those sad eyes one year ago...now they show her love and joy for you--though they do show that they aren't feeling well, either.
What a beautiful letter to her.
Happy Gotcha Day!! You have come so far.
What beautiful sweet baby ( and growing up!) girl you have! She has changed so much in a year, it looks as though today was still a happy day, even with all the sniffles:~(
Talk to you soon~
<3 Lee
She is the most precious little girl !! Love the pics !! And I hope that she gets well really quick. I hate when they are sick. You wish you could be sick intead of them. Hope she gets well. Love To All !!!
What a special post!! She has grown so much in the past year!!
Debbie
Post a Comment